Most Accurate Heat Detection
The best fertility management
Good fertility management means that cows calve at optimal intervals, maintaining milk production at the highest possible level.
Years of research and field experience have demonstrated the strong, direct correlation between the timing of estrus and cows’ increased walking activity. Based on this crucial finding, the Vansun team developed AfiAct, the world’s leading automatic heat detection system.
How to increase the pregnancy rate and reduce the overall fertility cost per cow?
Measuring the walking, resting and standing activity of milk cows and heifers, AfiAct’s methodical sensor technology and system provide round-the-clock monitoring. The result: higher and more precise heat detection rates.
Better heat detection leads to higher pregnancy rates and fewer open days; saves labor and drug costs; saves on observation, pregnancy checks and hormone treatments.
AfiAct II vs. visual observation and AfiAct II + OvSync = Savings between $100 to $150 per cow, per lactation.
For the most accurate heat detection
Based on the widely-used AfiAct Internet of Cows™ technology, the next-generation AfiAct II sets new standards for heat detection. Extremely sensitive and accurate, the system picks up what that other solutions miss.
- Collects and updates activity and behavior data all the time
- Indicates decrease in activity (lame or sick cows)
- Provides early detection of anestrus, abortion and cyclic disorders
- Records history of heat patterns throughout cow’s entire life
- Provides fertility indexes, conception rate per bull and per inseminator
AfiAct II system highlights
The next-generation automatic heat detection system significantly improves pregnancy rates and fertility performance, and reduces operating costs. The most accurate system on the market, AfiAct II provides:
- the highest possible heat detection rate, lowest rate of false alerts
- results updated every hour
- behavior data anywhere on the farm
- a scalable, adaptable system
AfiAct II supports herds of any size. Able to integrate with Vansun’s farm and milking parlor management system, AfiAct II is accessible from the web on any type of device such as a smartphone, tablet or laptop. It is easy to install, works with an off-the-shelf Wi-Fi router and requires no network cabling. AfiAct II is available as a standalone system.
Data integrity is essential for decision-making on the farm. AfiTag (Pedometer and Pedometer Plus) is a dual-purpose electronic device that reliably and accurately performs animal ID and gauges behavior patterns.
AfiAct II: Vansun’s effective calving alert service
AfiAct II’s calving alert service is using 24/7 cow behavior monitoring analyzed by advanced algorithms implemented in the AfiFarm management software. As a result, it provides alerts with high accuracy (typically, the actual calving takes place within 4 hours from the received alert). Although in some cases a calving event can be missed, a false alarm is extremely rare (under 10%).
The timeline for the system’s alerts is as follows:
- First alerts – Alerts the farmer to when calving is about to start. He or she can then prepare by moving the expecting cow to the calving area. High-risk calving, such as twins or cows that are inducted, is noted in order to arrange for special care.
- Second alerts – Alerts the farmer to prolonged calving and the risk of dystocia to determine whether intervention is needed. Preparing early for intervention may save both the calf and the cow.
- After calving – The newborn calf must now be moved to a safe environment and fed with colostrum milk. The cow must be taken care of as well.
- monitors cow behavior patterns, activity, rest time and restlessness 24/7, enabling the farmer to make effective decisions regarding fertility, health, calving and management
- properly assigns data to animals and creates trustworthy data bases that are critical for successful decision-making.
In today’s market, improving fertility is a must. Let AfiAct II do this for you.